Friday, October 31, 2008

Greetings from the "Mile High City!"




Students, 

I must say that I know how you guys feel each day!  I have been in Denver, Colorado since Wednesday attending the National Middle School Association annual conference.  We have been meeting in the Colorado Convention Center (pictured above) which has a large sculpture of a big blue bear peeking in the windows, as you can see in the picture.

While in Denver, I have been attending four classes a day, an hour and fifteen minutes each.  I've also had the chance to hear Jim Collins, a best-selling author of the book Good to Great, which is in our library if you're interested in looking it over sometime.

Saturday, I'll get to hear Academy Award-winning actress Marlee Matlin.  After that, I hope to visit the huge art museum here.  If I can fit that in, I'll stop by the art classes one day and let you know what all I saw.

I found some really cool technology that I hope we can implement at Trinity.  Trust me - you'll like it!

I hope you guys have a great weekend, and I look forward to seeing you all again Monday morning!

Mr. Palmer

PS - You can see a TeacherTube report on the opening day of this conference by clicking here.

No comments: